Skip to main content

Chronically Guarded: My LEAST Favorite Trait

Hey kids! Let's just jump right on into this, shall we??

Now, if you follow my blog, you know good and gosh dern well I have many a problem. So much, in fact, that they get in the way of my own happiness. Last post, I told you how I'm starting to get brand new in my life and leave the past (things that I've done and have been done to me) right where the hell it needs to be... BEHIND ME!... And they are... it's just my present that's causing me EXTREME anxiety at the moment.

It's no secret, to you readers... my people :), that I have an issue w/ letting people in. Into my life, into my thoughts, into my feelings, my space, etc. I am uber guarded, w/ good reason. And I also don't like bringing others into the insanity that is my life. It's a hot buttery mess, as you know. And I'm pretty sure, ain't nobody got time for dat!!!!

With that being said... (Oh, dear God, I can't believe I'm sharing this, but I GOTTA blog it out)... a new person has slipped through the cracks and has found their way to my heart. -_- And I am not amused lol I made sure to keep this thing (my heart) on LOCK for the rest of forever and the only ones that could have any type of access to it, were the ones already in it (you know, my family & friends, what have you). I understand that any other person who has found love would be over the moon w/ glee... and don't get me wrong, I am. Every time I see his face!... It's just... I'm the author of such posts as "Chronically Single" parts I and II, "Decisions, Decisions", "How long is Temporary?" (read them at your leisure)

Already, through absolutely no fault of his own, my illness concerns him. And I t-totally understand that, this shit would creep ME out if it wasn't happening to me. It's just, he hasn't even SEEN it at it's worse! And it scares me that he might. It is truly heartbreaking to see the look of concern and helplessness on the face of someone you care about... who clearly cares about you!

Also, I've been SUPER BURNED so many gah damn times by people I love, it's not even the fuck funny. And I'm not just talking about guys that I've talked to or dated... NO... people that I fucking trusted. Family members and "friends" and people I didn't even fuck with! I've been back stabbed TOO MANY times to count and the wounds are still fresh as fuck. I've forgiven but damn if I'll EVER forget. And the anticipation of POSSIBLY going through that type of hurt again, FROM ANYONE, sucks too hard!

I'm a Taurus and change freaks me thee fuck out!!!!! And the amount of change occurring right now is a tad overwhelming (I couldn't possibly fill you in on all that's happening in my life). However, with this particular individual... this particular change, for the first time, I feel it's worth the risk. I don't see him ever misusing my trust or hurting me as much as I have been in the past. I just wish w/ everything that's within me that I wasn't chronically ill and not feel the need to fiercely protect him from it. *shrugs* I'm sure I'll let go...eventually ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a Blessing in the Storm

Wow ... time truly flies when you're a miserable, pathetic sack of woe .... Just kidding... kinda. It's def been a struggle lately,  BUT , I will say that for every storm that has clouded my view, there, emerged a  breathtaking  rainbow... sometimes, (RARELY) even two!!! SoOoooo... if you don't mind, allow me to update you... I LOVE words... can't get enough of 'em... they're AMAZING!!!! But lately, a lot of these words... for me... hold different connotations. For instance,  Stress:   The past 2 months of my life... and counting . --It seems that w/ every flare-up (when my condition and pain is most severe) that word, "stress," recreates itself. It's baffling, really. From family issues, to my own personal financial crisis... to ME getting in my own way... * rolls eyes *... as usual. I cannot catch a break!!  .......Still every morning I, unbelievably , manage to wake up w/ a new found optimism... like shit in my life ain't in ruins l

What Now?!?!

Let's just begin. What the fuck?! What the ACTUAL FUCK?!??! <~~~ That has literally been the question on my mind for weeks now. *overstated, confused shrug* WTF?! My soul just seems like a punching bag at this point. My heart hurts, fatally! I feel like I can never begin to help you understand just what I go through/feel on a regular basis. I can say, please revert back to previous posts like, "My Burning Desire" and "The Frustration Mounts" ... but there are many frustrations that deal nothing with my illness... at least not completely.  My crippling fear of failure was here long before Lyme. I am afraid of fucking up, even in the slightest. I wear my pride on my sleeve, and if I try something and completely screw it up... Ohhhh , it'd be a loooonnnnnggg time before I tried that shit again!!!! That's why I'm afraid to commit... to anything!!! People, hobbies, hair lengths!!! I'm a mess and I've been a mess. I'm crazy.

31... A Birthday Story

Heyyy!!! My good golly it's been a while since I passed through here. The Lyme induced dyslexia has been at bay for a while now so I figured I say hi. I've missed you guys!!! Since I last posted, MY GAWD , have things in my life changed?!-- Today I turn 31 years old and my mind simply cannot conceive it! I'm blessed. Who knew this day would come other than God?? 'Cause I for sure damn didn't. *shrugs* (I know we can use emojis now but the asterisk life just feels right today. lol) I dunno if you can sense it yet but I come to you all today drentched in so much joy! Sincerely. And it feels kinda scary to say outloud. B/c every other time I THOUGHT I was headed in the right direction in life, Life's, petty ass would snatch me RIGHT back with the quickness. It was a nevering ending cycle. To the point that I was left with so much egg on my face, I was afraid of speaking positively over my own life. Scared of getting my feelings hurt once again due to