Skip to main content

I'm Actin' Brand New ;)

Heyyy!!!!! I'm back and better than ever before... Seriously.

As of late, I've been feeling a lot better. Thanks to my amazing support system, I'm on my way to brighter days. I got new health insurance, a new medical team, new meds, and a brand new love.... ME!!!!! The heavens have opened up and poured me out a serious blessing!!!!! And lemme tell you, I am BEYOND grateful.

I always say that I've spent the past few years "strength training" and OH MYLANTA, did I need it!!?! In no way, shape, or form was I ready for what life had to throw at me. And BOY did it test my character & my faith! 

The bullshittiest of the bullshit found a way to litter my path. Shit that didn't even pertain to me, made it's way to haunt me! Sheer NONSENSE was all I could account for in my life and something HAD to be done!

... SoOoo, naturally I panicked and isolated myself from all things EVERYTHING until I could get this malarkey under control. *shrugs* ....Judge me.

BUT it worked!!! I was able to reevaluate my circumstance and take back what was rightfully mine... MY LIFE!!!! In self reflection, meditation, and all that hippie shit, I found what needed to change... and surprise SURPRISE, it was me. -_- The things that were happening and severely affecting me were things that I opened the door to. Now, of course, there were some things that were completely beyond my control, like my health... or lack thereof. lol But, rather, the people that had absolutely no interest in me, good or bad, but what they could get from me. Or the many ignorant ass opinions of others that I took to heart. I'd come to realize, woe was me and all I could see was misery.

I began to settle for things that just weren't for me.-- Due to my past and self inflected present, I convinced myself that I DESERVED to be miserable... that I deserved less than the absolute best. I was all the way WRONG!!! You see, as humans, we crucify ourselves and each other based on our past sins (things we had done when we were young and stupid and "privileged" little shits). We condemn ourselves daily for things that can't be erased & subject ourselves to a life filled w/ regret and "what if's" that simply have no place in our psyche! 

***GIVE UP ON WHAT HAPPENED AND START FOCUSING ON WHAT'S HAPPENING*** 

I now know that regret only hinders progress. And I've been a victim of "regret" for so long that I was blinded from the lessons I should have learned. But now I see clearly what I should have know all along: If making the mistakes I made in the past was the only way to gain the wisdom I now attain, than BY GOLLY I think that's more than a fair muh fuckin' trade!!!

I'm a brand new person b/c I'm no longer stressed by the stupid choices I made years ago. I understand that I am far from perfect and still have a ways to go. But I do know, for a fact, I possess a heart of compassion and one pleasing in the eyes of God. And if He is always willing and able to forgive and literally forget, who the hell are we not to?!


I'm FINALLY at peace with who I am! And that's, a black, freckle faced, God-fearing, strong, potty-mouthed (don't judge), silly, wounded, intelligent, loyal, blunt, artistic, introverted, compassionate, hopeful, newly humbled, faith-driven, loving, renewed and restored, American Woman!!!!! 

Fuck with me ;) HA!!!!    



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a Blessing in the Storm

Wow ... time truly flies when you're a miserable, pathetic sack of woe .... Just kidding... kinda. It's def been a struggle lately,  BUT , I will say that for every storm that has clouded my view, there, emerged a  breathtaking  rainbow... sometimes, (RARELY) even two!!! SoOoooo... if you don't mind, allow me to update you... I LOVE words... can't get enough of 'em... they're AMAZING!!!! But lately, a lot of these words... for me... hold different connotations. For instance,  Stress:   The past 2 months of my life... and counting . --It seems that w/ every flare-up (when my condition and pain is most severe) that word, "stress," recreates itself. It's baffling, really. From family issues, to my own personal financial crisis... to ME getting in my own way... * rolls eyes *... as usual. I cannot catch a break!!  .......Still every morning I, unbelievably , manage to wake up w/ a new found optimism... like shit in my life ain't in ruins l

What Now?!?!

Let's just begin. What the fuck?! What the ACTUAL FUCK?!??! <~~~ That has literally been the question on my mind for weeks now. *overstated, confused shrug* WTF?! My soul just seems like a punching bag at this point. My heart hurts, fatally! I feel like I can never begin to help you understand just what I go through/feel on a regular basis. I can say, please revert back to previous posts like, "My Burning Desire" and "The Frustration Mounts" ... but there are many frustrations that deal nothing with my illness... at least not completely.  My crippling fear of failure was here long before Lyme. I am afraid of fucking up, even in the slightest. I wear my pride on my sleeve, and if I try something and completely screw it up... Ohhhh , it'd be a loooonnnnnggg time before I tried that shit again!!!! That's why I'm afraid to commit... to anything!!! People, hobbies, hair lengths!!! I'm a mess and I've been a mess. I'm crazy.

31... A Birthday Story

Heyyy!!! My good golly it's been a while since I passed through here. The Lyme induced dyslexia has been at bay for a while now so I figured I say hi. I've missed you guys!!! Since I last posted, MY GAWD , have things in my life changed?!-- Today I turn 31 years old and my mind simply cannot conceive it! I'm blessed. Who knew this day would come other than God?? 'Cause I for sure damn didn't. *shrugs* (I know we can use emojis now but the asterisk life just feels right today. lol) I dunno if you can sense it yet but I come to you all today drentched in so much joy! Sincerely. And it feels kinda scary to say outloud. B/c every other time I THOUGHT I was headed in the right direction in life, Life's, petty ass would snatch me RIGHT back with the quickness. It was a nevering ending cycle. To the point that I was left with so much egg on my face, I was afraid of speaking positively over my own life. Scared of getting my feelings hurt once again due to