Skip to main content

Real Recognize Real



The beginning of this year has led me to cash some serious reality checks! 


For years now, my reality was clear:

  • I am who I am! 
  • I'm a creature of comfort. 
  • I have not and will never like bananas. 
  • I am not well.
  • I believe that actions speak volumes!
  • I am bullshit intolerant.
  • I'm far from perfect!
  • Not everyone's gonna like me & wasting my time trying to please them will NEVER be on my to do list.
  • I am strong but can grow weary.
  • I. Am. Human!!!!




Knowing who I am has been important to me. But in keeping true to myself I allowed some situations and people into my life w/o first getting to know their truth in relation to me. (Follow me on this one. We're going in deep...)


I stayed in situations that far exceeded their expiration date b/c I was in denial. I allowed myself to be treated less than anyone should ever deserve. I thought if I just stayed the course, they'd understand what an asset I was & get some act right... *shakes head vigorously*... WRONG!!! I was in over my head w/ some serious fakery! And I let these bullshit force feeding ass bastards in wayy too close for comfort. So much so that in just a few short months, I'd been:

  • lied to
  • lied on
  • disrespected
  • mistreated
  • misunderstood 
  • misinformed
  • character bashed
  • treated as if I were stupid
  • treated as if I had NO feelings
  • disregarded
  • manipulated
  • misused


And it wasn't until the end of last year that I began to tap into this bologna!!! Once I was no longer blinded by unrequited feelings, it was time to weed out the true from the false. I had to get back to #1! My health was declining and so was my patience for ignorant ass peeps. I wasn't gonna go through this again! Not when I made a vow to myself the last time it happened. 


I made mental note of who really cared by concentrating more on their actions rather than continuing to listen to the shit they'd speak just to fill the void of silence. I know ALL of what the fakes said/did behind my back because the reals were protecting it! I know who was where when they said they were somewhere else. I know who said what about me, when they knew NOTHING about me. I got the memo and read it oh, so carefully. And crossed off EVERY name that soon revealed themselves "non-mutha-fuckin' factors".  


To be honest I had plans of serious vengeance at first but I was DONE wasting my time on those who used me simply to fill in their empty slots. No more!!! I now know who's there for me when I need them: Few but true, they got my  back!!! 


I'm not the prettiest or the smartest or the nicest but I am and always will be human, just like you! And I always expect to be treated as such... if not, you better do like the late, great, MJ and beat it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a Blessing in the Storm

Wow ... time truly flies when you're a miserable, pathetic sack of woe .... Just kidding... kinda. It's def been a struggle lately,  BUT , I will say that for every storm that has clouded my view, there, emerged a  breathtaking  rainbow... sometimes, (RARELY) even two!!! SoOoooo... if you don't mind, allow me to update you... I LOVE words... can't get enough of 'em... they're AMAZING!!!! But lately, a lot of these words... for me... hold different connotations. For instance,  Stress:   The past 2 months of my life... and counting . --It seems that w/ every flare-up (when my condition and pain is most severe) that word, "stress," recreates itself. It's baffling, really. From family issues, to my own personal financial crisis... to ME getting in my own way... * rolls eyes *... as usual. I cannot catch a break!!  .......Still every morning I, unbelievably , manage to wake up w/ a new found optimism... like shit in my life ain't in ruins l

What Now?!?!

Let's just begin. What the fuck?! What the ACTUAL FUCK?!??! <~~~ That has literally been the question on my mind for weeks now. *overstated, confused shrug* WTF?! My soul just seems like a punching bag at this point. My heart hurts, fatally! I feel like I can never begin to help you understand just what I go through/feel on a regular basis. I can say, please revert back to previous posts like, "My Burning Desire" and "The Frustration Mounts" ... but there are many frustrations that deal nothing with my illness... at least not completely.  My crippling fear of failure was here long before Lyme. I am afraid of fucking up, even in the slightest. I wear my pride on my sleeve, and if I try something and completely screw it up... Ohhhh , it'd be a loooonnnnnggg time before I tried that shit again!!!! That's why I'm afraid to commit... to anything!!! People, hobbies, hair lengths!!! I'm a mess and I've been a mess. I'm crazy.

31... A Birthday Story

Heyyy!!! My good golly it's been a while since I passed through here. The Lyme induced dyslexia has been at bay for a while now so I figured I say hi. I've missed you guys!!! Since I last posted, MY GAWD , have things in my life changed?!-- Today I turn 31 years old and my mind simply cannot conceive it! I'm blessed. Who knew this day would come other than God?? 'Cause I for sure damn didn't. *shrugs* (I know we can use emojis now but the asterisk life just feels right today. lol) I dunno if you can sense it yet but I come to you all today drentched in so much joy! Sincerely. And it feels kinda scary to say outloud. B/c every other time I THOUGHT I was headed in the right direction in life, Life's, petty ass would snatch me RIGHT back with the quickness. It was a nevering ending cycle. To the point that I was left with so much egg on my face, I was afraid of speaking positively over my own life. Scared of getting my feelings hurt once again due to