Skip to main content

From the archives of my journal... "Dear Stranger" circa 2010

I almost forgot how this felt. To be me again... to know my own worth. Why I am the way I am and why those around me are there.

FINALLY, you're out of my system. FINALLY, I can stand you not being here. I never thought I'd reach this place again. The same place I stood, carefree, the days before learning of your existence.

Like an addict I craved you! And when I took a hit that didn't agree with me, like that same addict, I'd swear I was through. BUT then all you had to do was smile in my direction and I'd come running back to you. There, yet again, in the same place I vowed never to return to. A vicious cycle that left me confused. And every time, like a FOOL, I allowed myself to receive yet another burn from you.

Always in control, you were. Playing me like a pawn. A love-sick labradoodle begging for just one drop of your attention...

... THANKFULLY, that season, too, has passed! Like a term in detox, I've purged you from my insides. No longer does the wretched desire of you course through my veins like the very blood that gives me life. No more is my brain harassed by the very biased opinion of my heart... because, now, both see clearly all that you really are. And that, Dear Stranger, is someone completely unworthy of holding my attention, let alone, my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Now?!?!

Let's just begin. What the fuck?! What the ACTUAL FUCK?!??! <~~~ That has literally been the question on my mind for weeks now. *overstated, confused shrug* WTF?! My soul just seems like a punching bag at this point. My heart hurts, fatally! I feel like I can never begin to help you understand just what I go through/feel on a regular basis. I can say, please revert back to previous posts like, "My Burning Desire" and "The Frustration Mounts" ... but there are many frustrations that deal nothing with my illness... at least not completely.  My crippling fear of failure was here long before Lyme. I am afraid of fucking up, even in the slightest. I wear my pride on my sleeve, and if I try something and completely screw it up... Ohhhh , it'd be a loooonnnnnggg time before I tried that shit again!!!! That's why I'm afraid to commit... to anything!!! People, hobbies, hair lengths!!! I'm a mess and I've been a mess. I'm crazy....

Social Isolation and Chronic Illness... Let's Get Real!

Oh, Mylanta!!!! I have missed you all to pieces! Few but true, you're always there to listen, relate, and share in my tales of frustration and life... and I APPRECIATE you all for that!!!! Sincerely. Now, it's been quite some time since the last time I wrote to you... And with due cause. Last year, as well as this barely-here-year, has been hard on ya girl. For real! Even before the Lyme Disease Awareness Banquet (and don't worry... there WILL be a post with pics of the blessed event... Like... it requires it's own entry!) but, as I was rambling, even before that event, I knew I was going downhill. I'd gotten extremely toxic. To the point of it coming out of my pours and whatnot. I was not okay. And I knew it. I could feel it. It was draining. It wasn't me! AND on top of my earthly vessel under constant attack, Life's, ass decided she wanted to join in too. Not to mention the many  "physicians" I saw, determined to disprove my, very expen...

OFFICIALLY DIAGNOSED!!!

For years, I thought the day I was diagnosed would instantly bring about tears. Tears of joy, relief, and confirmation that I was, indeed, NOT a psycho! This day came on Monday, April 8, 2013 , during a 3 hour evaluation, at an appointment I showed up late to, thanks to traffic (I called ahead though, of course. Mama ain't raise no ill mannered fool) . After going through my entire medical history, lifestyle, diet, past bullshit diagnoses *cough, cough* (fibromyalgia) , and a full on physical, with a fine-toothed comb, the conclusion was clear... I have Late Stage Lyme Disease . FINALLY , after 7 years of suffering, something serious , I now knew what I was up against. And as freeing as that moment felt, there were no tears . Not from me or my mum, who has accompanied me to every appointment.-- Going in, neither of us thought we'd come out with a clear cut answer. Like the many previous specialty doc visits, we expected to go through the routine of giving the informa...